Tuesday, October 18, 2005

bitchymeans.

Yesterday I ran into one of the various girlfriends I’ve established in my English classes and the following conversation transpired:

Me: Ohmygosh! You’ll never guess who’s in my Mod Lit class!
Girlfriend: Who?
Me: Do you remember that guy from our Victorian Lit class? He kind of dressed punky?
Girlfriend: The one who dressed too pretty to be actually punk?
Me: Yeah! He’s super cute eh, and TOTALLY a gay.
Girlfriend: Yeah, but he’s bitchy and mean.
Me: Oh I know.
Girlfriend: You do realize bitchy and mean is your “type” right?
Me: That explains a lot.
Girlfriend: You need to find a guy who’s bitchy and mean enough to keep you interested so that you don’t realize he’s actually nice.
Me: Know any?

I always admonish women who claim to go for the “bad boy” type because I think it’s ridiculous and weird. But the more I think about it, I’m beginning to wonder if maybe the ghey equivalent is going for guys that are bitchy and mean. Because I sure have had my fair share of crushes on men who have the personality of an axe-wound. I’m not sure what it is; perhaps it’s the thrill of the hunt or something that harks back to my animalistic-instincts. Or maybe I’m just a sucker for punishment.

You’d never guess it by some of my postings, but in real-life I’m actually a fairly nice, agreeable person, so maybe I’m just not attracted to like-minded people. Maybe it is a cut-and-dry example of opposites attracting… Although I guess that doesn’t explain the penis-on-penis action I’m interested in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

It's that whole bad boy challenge thing. We all think we can tame the wild beast, even though the beast part of them is what attracted us to them in the first place. Oh the agony of falling for the bad boy and getting your heart stomped to a bloody pulp.

11:27 PM  
Blogger sixshooter said...

You're right. I'd never guess from your postings that you are a fairly nice, agreeable person.

However, from comments and emails, you are completely obvious.

:)

And that's what I like about you.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Digby said...

ooooor maybe you just like a dude who possesses more feminite traits. Sorry ladies.

6:27 PM  
Blogger bagel said...

my dearest flesh,

at least you have identified this in yourself. It took me years of dating "nice guys" to realise that it was asking psycopathic robber-barons who read the economist over breakfast that turn my crank....

know any?

Craig

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home